Home > Rider Information > FAQ’s
1. Are there age limits for the ride?
No, there are no age limits, but please take into consideration what skills are needed to complete each course.
2. When and where is the packet pickup?
Pre-registered riders may pick up their numbers and rider bags on Friday at the Dublin High School from 6:30-8:00 p.m. or Saturday morning beginning at 6:30 a.m. Race-day entrants may register beginning Saturday morning at DHS at 6:30 a.m., where a rider bag will be given to you.
3. What is the typical race day temperature in Dublin?
The averages for the past three years have been: 80.6F, 84.9F, 86.1F.
4. What is the elevation in Dublin, TX?
1,463 FT (446 M)
5. What is the refund policy for Tour de Pepper?
Registration is non-refundable.
6. Can I switch my registration to another distance?
Yes, every course has the same registration fee. Please contact us via email to switch your course registration.
7. How can I find out if I’m registered?
You will receive a receipt via email for registering online. For paper registration, you will receive a receipt in the mail if no email address information is given.
8. Will the ride be timed?
There will be no official timing on any of the courses. There will be no chips used.
9. Can groups bring their own SAG vehicle?
Yes, groups can use their own sag vehicle for rider support.
10. What is the best way to get to Dublin the morning of the ride?
Check out our map & directions under the travel section.
11. Are there awards for the top three male & female riders in each course?
Yes, there will be unique awards given to the top three men and women riders for the 34 & 64 mile courses. and the top 3 riders under 18 for the 9 mile course.
- 1st Place-Commemorative Dr Pepper Bottle Cap, Case of Dr Pepper Bottles
- 2nd Place-Commemorative Dr Pepper Bottle Cap, Case of Dr Pepper
- 3rd Place-Commemorative Dr Pepper Bottle Cap, Case of Dr Pepper
12. Where do I park on race day?
Parking will be available at Dublin High School before the race. Shuttles from the finish staging area down town will be provided for those not wishing to pedal less than a mile back to the high school.
13. How do I find out about changes due to inclement weather, disaster, etc?
Please refer to Tour de Pepper website to be kept up on any of the latest changes that may occur.
14. What time will the rides start?
8:00a.m. Please leave enough time to park and pick up your number and rider bags before the ride starts.
15. How long will the courses remain open?
The courses will remain open until 3:00pm.
16. Where is the starting and finishing line?
The starting line will be at Dublin High School. The finish line will be in the heart of Dublin Days less than a mile from the school.
17. Is the starting line near the finish line?
Dublin High School is about 1 mile from the finish line, and a shuttle service is provided back to DHS if desired.
18. What if I fall behind?
Don’t worry, there will be SAG Drivers available throughout each course. If for any reason you cannot finish the ride or you fall behind, hitch a ride with them to the finish line.
19. Will Post Race massages be available?
We are working to secure licensed individual massage therapists for brief massages in the post-ride area, but we cannot guarantee their availability.
20. Where can I leave my bike?
After the ride in the post-tent area, there will be a bike corral available to check in your bike. Bikes need to be picked up by 3:00pm. No one will be there to monitor bikes after 3:00pm.
21. Do you have any 2011 T-shirts available for sale?
A limited number of 2011 Tour de Pepper T shirts will be available for purchase while supplies last the day of this years event.
22. Are there showers available after the ride?
Yes, showers will be available in the Dublin High School locker rooms until approximately 2:30.